Wow, it’s been awhile since we’ve did an update on our blog. We apologize for any of you who read our website and blog regularly. Life gets away from us and unfortunately so does ministry days. So many things have happened in the past six months that the Lord has ever been changing, growing, stretching, and He’s been weaving his plan throughout all of it!
I’d like to just take a moment to update you on the vibrance of SH and what the Lord has done.
Praises over the last 6 months.
- God has transformed over a dozen lives, bringing them from darkness to light!
- We’ve had 5 baptisms in the last 6 months
- Graduated 3 women from our Hope Program – Day Time
- We’ve served over 4000 meals so far this year – Praise God for amazing teams that cook prepare, and give the food to be able to make this possible!
- We’ve added an Operations Manager, Development Director, and Hope Assistant to our staff!
- Five men and women have been added to our board of directors
- Trained over 90 people thus far to serve in our ministry
- God is raising up emerging leaders in our ministry of women that we serve. Disciples making disciples.
- Our director and program director trained 7 groups (100 individuals) to minister the gospel to women in the sex industry in the Pittsburg, PA area!!
- Trained groups from Chicago & Philadelphia
- Our SH Tri-cities Tennessee group have been working with the jail system to minister to prostitutes.
Sorrows and sadness & growth moments
- Four women that we served in the clubs have died since the beginning of the year.
- Two SH staff have left due to moves or other ministry callings
- It’s been a trying time trying to figure out what the Lord has planned next for our house. We are praying through what the most effective use of the home and program will be in the future.
This is just a few of the happenings at SH this year so far. God has done more than we could of ever hoped for imagined in the lives of the ladies. Several of our ladies that we met in the clubs, put their trust in the Lord, attend our bible studies regularly – are beginning to share the gospel with their friends, families, and it’s changing lives and generations. It’s unbelievable what the Lord can do when we follow Him!
Thanks for reading this short update, we will be posting more in the weeks to come. Blessings and Much Love, Rachelle (Executive Director)